Heads up gamers! Crunchyroll just announced that they will be launching a Smartphone compatible Street Fighter: Duel RPG game this February!
It's time to enter the Street Fighter ring in a completely new way. Capcom and Crunchyroll Games are here to offer the Street Fighter: Duel mobile game to the globe. Pre-registration is currently open via the Apple Store and Google Play in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and certain other countries in Europe, including the United Kingdom, for the first RPG in the series that will be available for iOS and Android devices.
For every pre-registered world fighter, more free in-game currency will be offered for players, and everyone will be able to benefit when the complete game releases in February. Visit the official website for more information, and watch the announcement trailer below!
Crunchyroll released the following description and features for the video game:
"Are you ready to duel it out in the world of Street Fighter? Be prepared to travel the globe to recruit and level up iconic characters from across the Street Fighter series. With a team of champions, players will throw down in beautifully animated 2D brawls on all-new and iconic stages from Street Fighter’s past to take down Seth and the Shadaloo’s army of mech clones in an extensive story mode.
Street Fighter: Duel is a new take on the famed franchise with features and gameplay mechanics for new, returning and long-time fans:
- Collect more than 40 fan-favorite characters, including Ryu, Akuma, Chun-Li, Cammy and more.
- Build a team of three fighters from across the Street Fighter franchise and level them up to unleash devastating combos and signature abilities.
- Create your own experience! Strategize with real-time RPG combat or turn on auto-battle to lightning kick your way through encounters with the Shadaloo.
- It’s not Street Fighter without head-to-head action. Jump on online and use your team of champions to duel it out with other players.
- Unlock character skins exclusive to Street Fighter: Duel, putting a fresh spin on beloved Street Fighter characters with new skins dropping all the time.
On June 2, the Street Fighter 6 fighting game by CAPCOM will be made available on Steam for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
The most recent installment of the Street Fighter fighting game series is Street Fighter V. New elements in the game include V-Reversal moves and a unique V-Trigger mode. The PlayStation 4 and PC version of the game was released in February 2016 in North America and Europe (via Steam). A free download update for the game that debuted in January 2018 is Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. A new edition of the game called Street Fighter V: Champion Edition was released in February 2020. The release has all of the characters and outfits from both the Arcade Edition and the initial game release. Luke, the game's final DLC character, was made available by CAPCOM in November 2021.
Let us know your thoughts about the new video game in the comments below!