Phasmophobia has released its newest update v0.5.0 which includes new cursed items, ghost identity changes, difficulty tuning and many bug fixes. Here is the official update page in case you want to read the full list of changes and additions coming to the game.
The biggest change that was implemented in v0.5.0 were the new Cursed Possessions. Here is the list of the new items in the game: Music box, Tortured Voodoo Doll, Haunted Mirror, Summoning Circle, Tarot Cards and Ouija Board.
Each map will only have 1 of these 6 items and it will be chosen randomly with several spawn points in order to make players go in a cursed possession hunt. The popular Ouija Board comes with the following changes:
- You must now say "Goodbye" to finish talking with a ghost on the Ouija Board, or else...
- The Ouija Board is no longer guaranteed on Nightmare, due to the new Cursed Possessions and ghost identity changes
- The Ouija Board will no longer have a chance to fail questions
- The Ouija Board will no longer play an additional sound when spelling double letters
- The total number of Ouija Board spawn points have been reduced on Prison, Asylum and High School
As stated before, the ghosts in the game are getting their identities updated and received new abilities, passives and other fixes or adjustments. There are many other changes coming to the maps, user interface, quality of life and bug fixes. Check out the official update release and read all the changes coming to the game.
Phasmophobia is available for PC
GameFragger.com, and/or the user who contributed this post, may earn commissions or revenue through clicks or purchases made through any third-party links contained within the content above.