THE LAST OF US PART 3 Rumor Denied By Game Director Neil Druckmann

THE LAST OF US PART 3 Rumor Denied By Game Director Neil Druckmann THE LAST OF US PART 3 Rumor Denied By Game Director Neil Druckmann

The Last of Us Part II director Neil Druckmann has denied a claim from a reputable insider that his next game will be a follow-up to the acclaimed sequel. Find out more...

By Nebula - Jan 02, 2023 04:01 PM EST
Filed Under: The Last Of Us
Source: Neil Druckmann

Back in December, a reputable insider by the name of ViewerAnon (@ViewerAnon) claimed that The Last of Us Part III is in the works at Naughty Dog and Neil Druckmann is once again involved. ViewerAnon even provided receipts of when they have previously proven themselves a trustworthy source.

Neil Druckmann served as writer and creative director of the first The Last of Us video game which released initially back in 2013 and later served as the writer and wholesale director of The Last of Us Part II. Druckmann is currently involved in the making of the The Last of Us live-action HBO series which will be adapting the events of the first video game.

The most recent The Last of Us game debuted in 2020 to much acclaim and to this day stands as one of the best-selling PlayStation 4 games and the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive with over four million units sold during its initial opening weekend alone. Suffice it to say, it was a hit, so it would be understandable that developer Naughty Dog would want to do it all over again.

However, Druckmann tweeted out in celebration of the new year and seemed to deny the claim that his next game will be a third The Last of Us video game. While not directly referencing any insiders in particular, the aforementioned one is certainly the one that Druckmann is relevant to that has had the most traction as of late.

Of course, Druckmann could just be trying to snuff out an accurate rumour but we'll have to take him at his word for now regardless. Those of you excited for the The Last of Us series to continue should temper your expectations for now.

THE LAST OF US Season 2 Star Isabela Merced Has Started Filming Her Scenes As Dina
Related:

THE LAST OF US Season 2 Star Isabela Merced Has Started Filming Her Scenes As Dina

THE LAST OF US Co-Creator Neil Druckmann Says He Does Have A Concept For A Third Game
Recommended For You:

THE LAST OF US Co-Creator Neil Druckmann Says He Does Have A "Concept" For A Third Game

DISCLAIMER: GameFragger.com is protected under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and... [MORE]

GameFragger.com, and/or the user who contributed this post, may earn commissions or revenue through clicks or purchases made through any third-party links contained within the content above.

1stDalek - 1/2/2023, 5:24 PM
After doing Part 2, Part 1 and Part Multiplayer back-to-back-to-back I can see them get tired and work on something else for now. A proper Jak 4 would rule, something shorter and more lighthearted to cleanse the devs palate.
bkmeijer1 - 1/4/2023, 5:47 AM
I rather see a different title in The Last of Us franchise. Part 3 would imply the story of Ellie (or maybe even Abbie) continues, although I much rather see an entirely new character instead
View Recorder