A first look at Spider-Man 2 was revealed last month, and fans are understandably anxious to get their hands on the game (which, unfortunately, won't be released until 2023). However, a new Reddit leak supposedly reveals more about what to expect, and we're breaking down the pertinent points below:
- Players will be able to choose between playing as Peter Parker or Miles Morales in missions, with each of the heroes given unique skills and abilities
- Whoever isn't chosen will be controlled by A.I. and provides support during missions
- Peter's web trick system has been improved after Spider-Man: Miles Morales, while wall-crawling has been improved for both characters to make it more seamless
- Due to the PS5's SSD technology, web-swinging speed is 1.7 to 1.8 times faster than Spider-Man
- Webs can now be reeled in similar to a grappling hook system
- Peter will gain the Oscorp-made Venom suit early in the game, gaining four extra tendrils he can use in combat; he creates robotic versions to replace those after losing the suit to an unspecified new host
- Kraven the Hunter is the lead villain and his mercenaries will have a recurring presence in New York
- The Lizard and Mysterio both appear in the game
- There will be Easter Eggs alluding to the wider Marvel Universe, but no cameos
That all sounds pretty exciting, eh?
As always, it's best to take this with a pinch of salt, but there's nothing here that's outside the realm of possibility. The Venom suit being based on the Ultimate Spider-Man games makes perfect sense, as do those technical upgrades to the mechanics of the game (we're intrigued by the wall-crawling improvements, especially if that plays a much larger role in proceedings moving forward).
As always, we'll keep you guys updated as more is revealed.