EVO 2023 organizers are planning on Street Fighter 6 making its debut at the fighting tournament after it launches on June 2. The event will feature eight total fighting games for contestants to battle each other on the PS4.
This year, they've made it special with a throwback return, with Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 being an outlier compared to the other games on the roster. Each game has a prize pool that's -- at a minimum -- $25,000. More popular games will likely have a larger prize pool, though, and odds are Street Fighter VI will have a hefty prize to the one who comes out on top.
EVO returned last year after Sony canceled the event in 2021 for COVID-19 safety measures. This year features one less game than last year but sees the return of a good portion of last year's roster with Tekken 7, The King of Fighters XV, Guilty Gear Strive, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, and more, with the most significant changes from last year being Sony axing Granblue Fantasy Versus and Skullgirls and replacing SFV with the next big Street Fighter.
EVO 2023 makes its way to the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas from August 4 through August 6. This will be the second year of the event since Sony acquired it.
- Street Fighter 6 - PS4 (Capcom)
- Guilty Gear Strive - PS4 (Arc System Works)
- Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate - PS4 (Warner Bros. Games)
- Tekken 7 - PS4 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment)
- The King of Fighters XV - PS4 (SNK)
- Melty Blood Type Lumina - PS4 (Lasengle)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - PS4 (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment)
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - PS4 (Capcom)